Benefits to Businesses
RAINHAM FOR BUSINESS
The BID proposes to deliver projects based around the following principles of ‘Safe’, ‘Secure’, ‘Clean’ and ‘Co-ordinated’. Below are some examples of potential projects that could be delivered. We would welcome any suggestions that you may have.
- Continue to lobby for additional police patrols and offer businesses advice on reducing incidents and effects of criminal behaviour.
- Propose to revive old style community policing to tackle low-level high impact crime.
- Propose to introduce speed-calming measures for the safety of those employees who use the footpaths in the area.
- Improve CCTV for the area that could include license plate recognition.
- Introduce new uniform fencing to reduce incidents of theft or trespass.
- Introduce gated areas to prevent unauthorised access thereby reducing fly-tipping.
- Create a clear litter free environment, adding to the quality of business life.
- Investigate the possibility of own refuse collection van to respond to rubbish dumping as it occurs and deep clean schedule could be increased.
- Direct ring-fenced re-investment of all additional funding into the business community, determined by the business community.
- Create a strong, coordinated voice and improved representation in all matters of local and national importance.