We will comply with the UK’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. We are registered on the public register of data controllers maintained by the Information Commissioner in the UK.
London Riverside (BID) Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected; to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our website. In particular, we want you to know that we do not sell or trade email lists with other organisations for marketing purposes. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
London Riverside (BID) Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 1st 2018.
We may collect data about you from a number of sources, including:
Directly from you, e.g., when you subscribe to our e-newsletter and updates or when you complete one of our online enquiry forms;
From Havering Council and its agents;
From third parties, including a landowner, landlord, property agent or tenant;
We collect information if you are eligible to vote during the BID ballot process, if you are a freeholder, tenant or rate payer in the London Riverside BID area, when you provide us with information within our site and when you use products and services made available on the site.
For example, we may receive Personal Information when you:
- Register for an online account;
- Visit the site (through a cookie);
- Update your account or personal information.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- company name
- contact information including email address and social media addresses
- IP address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to us providing BID services to you and carrying out our legal obligations
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to carry out our duties as a Business Improvement District (BID), of which you may be a member, to communicate with you about the activities of the BID, to provide essential and useful information and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- to respond to an enquiry
- to improve our products and services
- to comply with the law
- to comply with the Local Authority’s BID Ballot obligations and processes
We may periodically send emails about new developments, security alerts, projects we are delivering, business offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes
We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
Sharing your information
We will share your information with a third party only if:
- You specifically request this or it is necessary for you to receive a product, service or offer that you have applied for, e.g., if you sign up for a training course or presentation we have organised we may share delegate information with the training provider;
- We are required to do so in order to respond effectively to your query;
- We are required to do so to comply with the law or with the directions of the courts or other authorities;
- Where acting in good faith, we feel it is reasonably necessary to report or prevent illegal activity or to protect our rights, members, property and staff, for example, if you have asked to be on our database of contacts for security alerts on traveller incursions;
We may share some broader statistics and customer profiling information with third parties from time to time, but we’ll keep it anonymous, so you won’t be identifiable from that data and we require all such partners to treat your personal information as confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK or EU Data Protection laws and consumer legislation.
We don’t rent or sell our user’s details to any other organisation or individual.
Newsletter and updates registration
As part of the registration process for our regular newsletters and updates, we collect personal information to tell you about matters that you want to be kept informed on; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are correct and to check periodically that you’re happy and satisfied.
We may use a reputable and established third party provider, such as Mailchimp, to deliver our newsletters and updates. This helps us gather statistics around email opening and clicks, using industry standard technologies, so we can improve the usefulness of the information we provide. For more information please see Mailchimps privacy notice. You can unsubscribe from general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails, or by emailing our data protection officer at [email protected]ondonriversidebid.co.uk
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct communication purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you information about third parties which we think you may find interesting for your business.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to [email protected] We may ask for proof of identity and a small fee may be payable.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.