Reducing our collective environmental footprint and working towards the principals of the circular economy are under-pining themes for the London Riverside BID in this third term. Government policy, technology and supply chains are changing at an accelerated rate and we see our role as communicating good practice and bringing to our Members businesses new thinking, resources and support. This will include legal and compliance issues, as well as industry and business intelligence to improve performance.
Investment to date
This is a new core pillar for our third term.
Additional priorities this term
Identify and introduce business support programmes that widen understanding and prepare business owners to make ongoing sustainable business decisions that enhance performance. These will include topics such as:
- Procurement and supply chains
- Technology and automation
- Data management
- waste management
- Sustainable product and service design
- Meeting future compliance and legal requirements
- Identify and bid for funding streams to finance further green and clean projects in the BID area
- Collaborate with Havering Council, the GLA and relevant stakeholders to deliver cost saving initiatives to businesses, such as grants for EV charge points